Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Time for a Wine Cellar?

  I read an article the other day entitled, The $2500 Wine Cellar.  I can imagine what you are thinking, "Pretty lofty goal for a novice wine drinker" and you are right.  That is a pretty far out there idea for someone new to the wine game.  To be honest, I have no desire to build a wine cellar at this time.  It got me thinking about the wine I have collected up to this point.
  I was given a "bar/wine rack" as a gift many years ago.  Before I started my search or education about wine there were maybe 1 or 2 bottles in the rack.  The obligatory bottle of champagne that was never opened one new years night and/or the bottle of wine that was either given by a dinner guest or from a business associate.  But since I've been reading, receiving recommendations and shopping the wine rack is slowly filling up.

Notice, the bottle of champagne still there
Before this year is over I may need to start my own wine cellar!  Ok, maybe not build a cellar, but I may need to invest in better wine storage.

  I did enjoy the article and found some very useful information.  Thanks to this article I added some more wines to my shopping list (not sure if my wallet appreciates that) and added to my ever growing knowledge of all things wine.  I highly recommend reading as much as you can while you are in your beginning stages of wine learnin'.  Sometime you may think an article or blog is not for you, just by the title.  Don't let that fool you.  Check it out, read it and you never know, you may be pleasantly surprised!



1 comment:

  1. Right there with you on the wine cellar or what we used to call the guest room LOL. I stopped counting at 154 bottles but I am sure we are way south of that now after the holidays.

    Salud!
    Ernest.
    whineandcheersforwine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete