Monday, April 30, 2012

The Many Faces of Vine Smoothie

  This weeks wine kinda sneaked up on me.  I went to my pharmacy to drop off a prescription.  While waiting, I did what any normal person would do.  I visited the wine shop located in the strip mall.  In the front of the store there was a display for Vine Smoothie.  I admit, I only know of Vine Smoothie because of twitter, we follow each other.  But up until today, I had not seen it in the stores.  This particular store carried two flavors, pineapple coconut and peach.  I'm not a huge pina colada fan, I picked up a bottle of the peach.
  When I got home I went straight to the Vine Smoothie website.  There I learned exactly what this was I just purchased.  Vine Smoothie is a combination of all natural, gluten free flavors, French chardonnay and Holland's famous dutch cream.  They come in 4 flavors peach, berry, pineapple coconut and strawberry.  According to the website, all you need to do is chill and pour.  I decided to go a tiny step further and blend, with our Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender, with ice to make a smoothie.

Peach Vine Smoothie Blended with ice


Mmmmm, mmmmmm!  It was delish!!  Sweet (but not too sweet) and very easy to drink.  I kept mine pretty light, but depending on the amount of ice you use, yours can be as strong as you want it.  I also tried it straight.  That I found to be a bit too strong.  I added a few ice cubes, let it mix for a minute or two then took a sip.

 Again, I was thoroughly pleased.  The only downside, it was so yummy, the bottle was empty before we had a chance to try some of the recipes.  
  I cannot imagine anything better on a hot summer day.  I know what I'll be bringing to all the cookouts and events I'll be attending this summer.

  I'm currently scouring my local wine shops for the other flavors.  As soon as I get my hands on another bottle, I will let you know how the recipes go!




 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Never heard of this one - cant wait to see if I can find this and try it! Great review - Thnx!
    D' Vine Wine Time
    www.dvinewinetime.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just picked up a bottle of the strawberry at walgreens.

    ReplyDelete