Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wine in the Big House

I read a review some time ago about a wine called Big House Red. After reading it, I quickly added it to my shopping list. This week I decided to try this interesting red blend.

This wine is a blend of quite a few varieties: 27% Petite Sirah, 14.5% Syrah, 8.6% Montepulciano, 8.2% Barbera, 6.4% Nero d’Avola, 6.1% Tempranillo, 3.3% Malbec, 2.4% Aglianico, 2.4% Souzao, 2.3% Charbono, 2.2% Petite Verdot, 2.1% Cabernet Franc, 2% Tannat, 12.5% Other Esoteric Reds. I can honestly say I wasn't too sure about this. All the various types of wine, one would think they may not all work well together. But these combine together beautifully!

The label looked fun and inviting and I'm a sucker for an interesting label. It was love at first sip. I found it to be a very easy wine to drink. I tasted blackberries and raspberries and a touch of spice. It was fruity, light and slightly sweet.

Big House Wine company is located in Soledad, California. The name derives from it's proximity to the Soledad State Correctional Facility. I love to look up the website of the wines I enjoy. Check into their history and not only learn about how they make their wine, but also any other tidbits they decide to share. Big House Wine, has a great site. Not only is it easy to use and move around, but they offer some fantastic pairing suggestions and recipes too.

Will I buy again? You bet! I cannot wait to try some more of their wines.


Have you tried any of the Big House Wines?

No comments:

Post a Comment