Monday, February 27, 2012

Erath Pinot Noir 2009

A couple weeks ago I took part in #winechat on Twitter. You can learn more about it, via this link. After hearing about so many great wines from Oregon I decided to pick up a bottle. I checked my shopping list and low behold I had an Oregon wine on my list, Erath Pinot Noir.


First, I was surprised to see it was another screw top. With my recent success with screw tops I didn't let that phase me. Many pinot noir's that I've had the p leasure of tasting up until this point have been very dark in color. So the first thing I noticed was the lighter color of this wine. I'll be honest, first glass went fast. I was watching television and talking to friends. Before I knew it, my glass was empty! Since I wanted to review it, I was obligated to pour another glass. With the second glass I took my time and thought about what I was drinking. I found it soft, light, not overpowering with just a hint of spice. I would not classify this as sweet or dry. If you like sweet wines, I would not recommend this. But if you are up for something new, a slightly richer wine than your sweet, I give this two thumbs up. It really is an easy wine to get lost in thought and conversation with. It goes down easily and went over well with a mixed group of wine drinkers, from newbies like myself to self proclaimed sommeliers. You
can pick up a bottle for under $20, grab one and share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment