Friday, February 24, 2012

Francis Coppola Cabernet Sauvignon

Before I began my wine ventures when I heard the name Francis Coppola my first thought would go to The Godfather. I can't recall where I first learned about the wine, but somewhere in my readings I learned that nifty fact. This trip to the wine store I decided to pick up a bottle of Francis Coppola's 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon.

It was yummy. I'm not sure if it falls on my love list (coming soon), but I definitely like it. It begins fruity and smooth and ends with a slight kick of spice. I read a few reviews that called it dry, I didn't think it was. Not being one for food pairings, according to Coppola's site this wine pairs best with beef, Chinese take out or Jarlsberg cheese. I had my glass with leftover spaghetti (made with ground turkey), still enjoyed it quite a bit. Looking for a wine to take to a friend's house for dinner, yes, this would work. I paid $16.99 for it, perfect to bring to a party, not too expensive and versatile.
Have a glass, let me know your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. This one has been on my list to try. Sounds pretty interesting from
    your perspective. I will definitely give it a swirl! Nice Post!
    D'Vine Wine Time
    www.dvinewinetime.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete