Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Two Vines

Today I decided to try something different. After reading a review, I decided to pick up 2009 Two Vines Cabernet Sauvignon. The bottle says:

"Our Cabernet Sauvignon features aromas of strawberry, cherry and cola while identical flavors give way to a silky, soft palate that culminates into a long velvety finish."

I'll be honest, when I purchased this I didn't know what a Cabernet Sauvignon was. I decided to do a little research before I opened the bottle (please see CAB SAV). So with a little knowlegde I popped open the cork, pour a glass and took a sip. Three glasses later, I have to say I'm a fan. Two thumbs way up. I've never had expensive Cabernet, but if it gets better with price, I can't wait to try it. This was absolutely delish. Even my drinking partner, who so far has not liked much of anything, liked this.

So why do I like it...what makes it yummy? I found it sweet, but not overpowering or sugary. It has a soft, smooth flavor, that lasts. That velvety finish from the bottle, yup I got it and loved every sip of it. One of the first times I was disappointed when my glass was empty. Definitely will buy again and will keep on hand. Actually, next time I head to the wine store, I'm going to grab at least two bottles. One to drink that night and another to keep on hand for that crazy, stressful day. Please try and let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment