Saturday, July 14, 2012

When a Beast is Not so Beastly

  This week I opened up a bottle that I have been holding onto for awhile now.  I can't say why I have, I guess I was waiting for the perfect occasion.  Fortunately for all the perfect occasion came up.
  I had a few friends over, nothing special, just to giggle and talk.  A perfect time to try something new!  I decided to open up a Big House Wine.  I thoroughly enjoyed the last Big House wine I tried, Big House Red and was eagerly anticipating my first sip of Cardinal Zin Beastly Old Vines.

 
Since most wine newbies tend to go toward the sweet, I'll put this right out there, this is not a sweet wine.  But do not fret, it is not a dry wine either.  This is a delicious zinfandel.  Not familiar with zinfandels?  I wasn't either.  This was my first and from this experience I will definitely be drinking more.  I would classify this as a slightly heavy wine...what does that mean?  To me, it is a wine that has some substance to it, a couple of sips on an empty stomach and you will feel it.  It coats your tongue and the flavor stays with you from lips to back of throat.  I wouldn't call this a summer wine, but let's be real, a good wine is good all year round.  Check it out and let me know your thoughts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment